We humbly welcome you to the University of Nairobi’s Legal Office Website. The Legal Office is an integral unit in the daily running of issues touching and/or requiring legal input as relates to the University of Nairobi. This has impacted positively in tandem with stipulations recommended by the ISO 9001:2008.
As indicated above, the mandate bestowed on the Legal Office is enormous but under the guidance and direction of the Chief Legal Officer, it has been possible for the dispensation and discharge of duties to the required and set standards given the daily constraints experienced in the delivery of the same. An Assistant Registrar, an Assistant Legal Officer, a Senior Secretary, a Legal Clerk, an Office Assistant and a Driver, who, collectively, ensure that tasks and duties allocated by the Chief Legal Officer are undertaken and timely accomplished and delivered given the staffing constraints.
Arising from the mandate of the University of Nairobi Legal Office, and in order to pursue a competitive future direction, we have promulgated the following vision, mission and core values: -
This user guide handbook is specifically designed to assist members of the public in understanding and accessing legal services rendered by the Legal Office.
“To be Legal advisors in keeping with a WORLD CLASS University”
“To provide quality services in line with the University of Nairobi vision.”
Value Statement and Mandate
“In the Legal Office we are driven by a passion for service excellence to achieve and coordinate effective corporate Legal Services, through teamwork and care in an atmosphere that ensures efficiency, integrity and Social responsibility” through the following mandate:
- To recommend and lobby for extra staff and facilities to maintain an improved image of the legal office and the University.
- To broaden the range of specialties in legal services offered to the University Community;
- To promptly and efficiently attend to matters that require legal input internally and externally.
- To facilitate the development and implementation of institutional policies and strict adherence to the same.
- To ensure strict compliance with relevant national laws on integrity, and facilitate or coordinate the development and implementation of the institutional corruption prevention plan.